8/01/2005

Secretarial Services:A Simple Way to Happier Customers

A few nights back I drove (way too fast, ahem) towards Hollywood Video to pick up a few DVDs. The time was 11:57 when I pulled up to the curb and hopped out of my car.

As I approached the door, the clerk on the other side noticed me, raced towards the door and quickly slammed the lock shut while doing his best not to make eye contact.It got me thinking about another experience at Borders.

I’m a night person. I love books. I love going to Borders at 10PM, and staying until the 11PM closing bell. But it’s not unheard of for me to get in the door at 10:50 with a big list of books to grab and buy.

Usually, I’m greeted with cold stares from the folks whose wages I pay. Just once, I’d love to hear across the loudspeaker:

“It’s 11PM and we’re closed, but if you love books as much as we do, you might need just a couple more minutes to decide on your purchases. Go ahead. The doors are locked but we’ll keep the registers open for just another 5 minutes. Make your selections and come on up.”

The truth is they are already keeping the registers open at both Hollywood AND Borders the extra five minutes, because there are customers who stay until the last minute and need the time to checkout.

Local retailers: Why not teach your people to turn it into … yet another reason … to love your store; instead of making your customers feel like they are ruining your employees’ nights? Little things count! more...


Start a Secretarial Service

No comments: